The Magazine Free Will Baptist Church located at 105 Magazine Hollow was started on December 26, 1917. The church was at this location for forty-four years.

On July 16, 1961 a flash-flood ruined the little white church, plus many homes and lives on Magazine Hollow were lost.

In October, 1961 the church property was donated to the City of Charleston to be a memorial to the victims of the flood.

A one-room-storehouse

was used to start services.

In June of 1964 the construction on the new church began and June, 1966 they were in the church.
March of 1968 the name Magazine Free Will Baptist was changed to Garrison Avenue Free Will Baptist Church.

A new sanctuary was completed on October 2, 1982